We believe taking personal responsibility (and using trustworthy data) is key to reducing stress and making smart choices for your family and yourself. Especially when there is a continual barrage of conflicting data in the media and from world leaders.
Below are some of our favorite trackers and resources covering COVID-19 news, data and recommendations. We hope these respected resource are helpful to you.
John Hopkins University and Medicine, Coronavirus Resource Center.
- On this site, you can view a global dashboard, dig in to global and US-specific maps and trends, and read news and updated research. You may want to bookmark the JHU’s Daily COVID-19 Data in Motion report (automated presentation updated daily) which shares critical data on COVID-19 from the last 24 hours.
National Foundation of Infectious Diseases
- Offers easy to understand FAQs and resources for understanding personal safety, vaccines, and new findings. Also provides downloadable resources and social images for use by healthcare professionals, community leaders, and employers.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Resource Center
- The source of truth for multiple agencies and other information websites. The CDC provides extensive tracking information for the United States, a vaccine finder, as well as a new Pediatric Data Page.
- Provides vaccines guidance, post-COVID-19 recovery information, and a Local Forecast Map where you can view (at a state level) COVID-19 hot spots with the ability to look up to two weeks into the future with their prediction model.
- If you are the kind of person who likes graphically stunning infographics and visualizations, the NY Times regularly updates over 70 maps, both US and global, covering everything from infection rates to vaccination rates to school mask mandates. Plus, there is a dashboard that allows you to build your own dashboard to track the coronavirus in US cities that are important to you.
Reminder: If you have specific questions about your own personal health, contact your physician or local health agencies in your area.
To read more about our mission at Pandemic Insights and how we are using AI and machine learning to provide everyday people with hyperlocal insights so they can make smart movement decisions, click here. And to follow our progress as we test and rollout the Roamwell mobile app and future solutions for businesses and public health organizations, sign up to follow our progress.